Monday, October 30, 2006

No starlet in your eyes

I forgot to tell you a funny thing about the Friday night. A girl in the closet queue started to talk to me. It lead to the following dialogue:

- Which title do you have?
- I am with the band booking committee.
- The bandy committee?!?

She wanted to know if I was active at the student nation in some way, and formulated both the question and the answer in a way that few others would do. She was actually very sweet in her drunkenness. I also mishear things occasionally. My interpretations of songs by the The Cardigans are finer than the real lyrics. Sometimes naivism is a beautiful thing.


no starlet in your eyes

Put on something pretty
Go back to the city
In town the sky's just space
No star light in your face
(The Cardigans - Good Morning Joan)


you're handsome in the thought

Well it's been a long slow collision,
I'm a pitbull, you're a dog,
Baby you're foul in clear conditions
But you're handsome in the fog
(The Cardigans - I Need Some Fine Wine And You, You Need to Be Nicer)
 

No comments: