Monday, August 28, 2006

The Arrogants - Lovesick

Which band has shaped my taste in music more than any other band?

I thought about that tonight. It would be easy to say Belle and Sebastian, but I would lie to myself then. I could go back further in time and name The Field Mice or Heavenly but that is not true either. I then understood...

THE PRIMITIVES, of course! And more than anything Crash, one of the world's best songs.

I have been asking people for years about bands similar to The Primitives but never received a good answer. Now I know better. I found a fan page of The Primitives in the spring but it feels like years ago. There was a link to a song by The Arrogants in the section "misc mp3".

Lovesick is perhaps the best song of the 2000's. We will see where it ends up the day I make a new list. The trashy live acoustic version of Lovesick is so beautiful that it creates an illusion of happiness even on the darkest of days.

No comments: