Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Dj at Blekingska

Yesterday I got an email with a request to dj at Blekingska this Friday. That was an easy decision so I accepted and then wrote a brief post on the guest book of the club:

Blekingska starts with a pre premier Club Indigo this Friday and I have been honored to dj this night. I run some info on what kind of music to expect.

The first hour will be warm soft pop music. Come early and you will be welcomed by Au Revoir Simone, Red Sleeping Beauty, Like Honey, Heavenly, Sambassadeur, Second-Hand Furniture, Softies, and Slowdive. Then the tempo is raised - obscure b-sides, and the likes are put aside.

Select a pair of stylish shoes that are good to move with - it will be difficult to stand still. Come and dance to Lucky Soul, Pulp, My Favorite, Language of Flowers, Saint Etienne, Stone Roses, Franz Ferdinand, Bloc Party, Camera Obscura, Looker, Primitives, and much more. See you!

Funnily enough, I was also dj on the corresponding pre premier Club Indigo last semester. One more time and DJ Mati opening the club season will become a tradition. Now I am about to write down the track numbers of songs I want to play, so I do not stand in the dj booth confused with a complete blackout wondering if the hit on The Long Goodbye is the first or the second track. I will put up a list of the dj set here afterwards. If people enjoyed it and had a fun night.

No comments: