Saturday, August 19, 2006

My name is yours

Is it easier for you to remember song titles than names of people you meet?

I get introduced to a little group of three people. Five minutes later I have forgotten two of the names. I feel stupid when asking twice about the name. Ironically, I sometimes remember the names of people I have not met instead. I unconsciously create my own images of people that seem to be exciting.

It is the same with people that are named in song titles. Last night I experimented with my play list and made a mix cd with songs that all had names in the titles. I chose songs that would work at a club on a night out so I had to skip some favourites like Suzanne Vega's Luka and Simon and Garfunkel's Kathy's Song. It is fun to make mix cds and I was happy with the selection. Check out the songs and listen. Make your own mix cd based on the name theme and post the list here. Be inspired!

01 Friday Bridge - The Lady Julie
02 Mew - Mica
03 Fibi Frap - Catherine
04 Sambassadeur - Marie
05 The Cardigans - Good Morning Joan
06 House of Love - Christine
07 Belle and Sebastian - Lazy Line Painter Jane
08 Saint Etienne - Sylvie
09 Language of Flowers - Tara Mascara
10 Razorcuts - Jade
11 The Aislers Set - Catherine Says
12 The Sea Urchins - Pristine Christine
13 The Field Mice - Emma's House

No comments: