Sunday, August 20, 2006

Marit Bergman - No Party


I do not need to write anything in this post. The picture to the left speaks for itself. Marit Bergman makes me happy. She can be serious and she can fool around, but she can not do wrong.

No Party is an obvious first single from the new album I Think It's a Rainbow. Strangely, I had to listen twice. I normally only need to listen properly once to like her stories about life.

I was probably too hard in the beginning because I compared No Party with This Is the Year, From Now On and Place Your Bets. I often compare with the best and forget that it is enough with fine melodies. No Party works now and it will work just as fine on Friday nights in the fall. The B-side Heavyweight Champion is good enough to be on an album. This bodes very well.

In addition, No Party summarizes my summer in a deserted ghost town. That alone is fantastic.

No comments: