Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Tough Alliance - Lund September 29

How the hell could I stand in a queue an hour for two posers who leave the stage after four songs? I knew what to expect but was still mad at the band. The Tough Alliance were at the peak of their career and provoked us. Koka Kola Veins was a hit, the rest was shit.

A year later, The Tough Alliance visited Blekingska for the third time. I did not get to hear anyone in the queue saying "the world's worst live band" this time. I soon came to realise that more things had chanced. The DJ booth contained two boys who were doing their best to kill the evening with terrible music, but they did not succeed. The club was full of people, and I was full of alcohol when it stroke me around midnight that it would be a good idea to move to a better position before the show started. There were hoards of people and I pushed my way forward to an empty space one meter in front of the scene. In some strange way, I stood at the front of the crowd when the gig began. I looker around and noticed that many people in the audience had never been at a pop club before.

The atmosphere was full of expectations when The Tough Alliance played at Blekingska one year ago. Yesterday was strange. The audience was not particularly interested in music and The Tough Alliance themselves seemed moderately interested. A bunch of brat girls stepped up on the stage during the first song. They would not had noticed the difference between a casting for Idol, and Eric and Henning in The Tough Alliance anyway. Unfortunately, they refused to leave the scene. The gig was thus terminated after two and a half songs due to safety reasons. I do not remember which songs they played. The arrangers at Blekingska could certainly had done a lot of things differently, but they were right to stop the show. It would be idiocy to continue when they no longer could gurantee the safety of the audience. The "gig" could be summed up as a tragicomedy in one very short act.

The DJ boys started to play their music again. A girl soon asked me if Tough Alliance would go on stage again. She looked like a kind person so I did not say that they had gone out smoking only to play another hour, followed by a gig with Embassy and after party in Malmö. Instead, I said the only sensible thing there was to say - The Tough Alliance are not coming back.

And so it is. TTA is an internal joke which has grown too big. Koka Kola Veins meant a lot once but that time is long gone now. One hit wonders. Goodbye TTA, I will not miss you.

No comments: