Monday, September 11, 2006

Kilometers between us

I think that the Swedish band Sibiria is pure garbage, but I still had to rip the title of this post from them because it is so striking. Sometimes the distance becomes too much. One of the best people I have met in life moved too many miles away from me. We lost contact and it hurts when I get reminded. It is so easy to get stuck in the wheel of thoughts. I would had rewinded and played back my life from the age of 13 and changed almost everything if it was possible.

After I moved to Lund there was another person who lived very close to me. Everything was fine, but then suddenly one day it felt like there were miles between us. I can handle physical distance but not an emotional Berlin Wall. Speaking of Berlin, it would be interesting to know what happened to a few people that I met in Berlin in my late teens. All I had to do was pick up the phone and call them, but now it is too late. What is past is past. At this very moment I look at a calendar which temporarily makes me eager to move to Stockholm.

October 7: The San Marinos
November 4: The Charade

The venue is apparently called Club King Kong. The gigs can be mediocre with an ignorant audience, or they could become nights you remember for a very long time. Memories to carry through life which lasts even without blogs or diaries. It would be fun to be there to find out but it is not possible this time. Instead, I take pleasure in falling asleep to The San Marinos - We're Beautiful.

No comments: