Thursday, September 28, 2006

Overtaken!

The number of concerts in the Lund/Malmö region is more than enough for a pop music overdose, but you could always get more. I asked myself a couple of weeks ago whether Lund was on the verge of being sidelined as a concert scene. I have now seen Debaser's autumn program, which is a key that can not be argued against. Lund and Malmö can not match the concert scene in Stockholm any longer when it comes to the more well-known bands. We get to see many bands, but Stockholm always seems to be the first priority.

Langauge of Flowers' first concert in Sweden was at Debaser in Stockholm (on January 13, 2006).
Lucky Soul's first concert in Sweden will be arranged at Debaser in Stockholm (on December 1, 2006).

I really want to defend the promoters at Mejeriet and Blekingska in Lund, but the short version is that no one is interested in setting up a show with Lucky Soul. That is the bitter truth.
Furthermore, Mates of State (spring 2005) and Sufjan Stevens (spring 2004) have both already played played in Lund, so I can understand that they are not the highest priority for the promoters. I must learn to discover bands in time.

In the end, it is still quite unncessary to whine about the concert scene in Lund. I do not believe that Lucky Soul, Mates of State or Sufjan Stevens even at their best shows ever would be near Language of Flowers' wonderful concert at Mejeriet in Lund on May 27 this year. Please come back, I miss you!

I still miss you
sometimes I do
sometimes I do

No comments: