Wednesday, November 8, 2006

2005 in retrospect

It is soon December, the month when lists are published everywhere. I will post my year lists of 2006 in a few days, but first I would like to look back on last year. Each year is actually a good record year and you will always find something you like as long as you make a real effort to search for it. 2005 offered many fine records and I did not hear or listen to everything properly in time for my summary of the year. The Consultants did call it quits to form a new band before I discovered their Work from Home and The Charade's debut album was a perfect example of a record that became better with time. I placed The Best Is Yet to Come as number 20 on my album list of 2005. Now I can hardly understand that it was left out of the top10, but these things happen when you lack perspective. Almost a year has passed since my original year list of 2005 and I think it is about time to fix it. Here comes the real and revised list with my favourite records of 2005.

01 Hello Saferide - Introducing ...
02 Tralala - Tralala
03 The Consultants - Work from Home
04 Architecture in Helsinki - In Case We Die
05 The Charade - The Best Is Yet to Come
06 Sufjan Stevens - Illinois
07 M83 - Before the Dawn Heals Us
08 Electrelane - Axes
09 Au Revoir Simone - Verses of Comfort, Assurance and Salvation
10 Sambassadeur - Sambassadeur
11 The Magic Numbers - The Magic Numbers
12 Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
13 Frida Hyvönen - Until Death Comes
14 Acid House Kings - Sing Along With The Acid House Kings
15 Strip Squad - The Adventures of Strip Squad

No comments: