Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Penny Century - Nothing Burns Like Bridges

Today I woke up by myself five to six in the morning. I will soon sit on my days off and eat breakfast four 'o clock at night if this sick thing continues.

I was wrong in my last post. It does not take an hour a day to travel between Lund and the city I yet do not have a relationship with. It rather seems like I should be happy if I can limit the travelling to two and a half hours a day. It is raining outside and I have yawned since I came home a couple of hours ago. A brutal contrast to the beautiful Monday which was the best day in a long time.

Everything is as usual at tweenet. Their visitors have voted for indiepop favourite things in 2007. The votes are now counted and the list about the best bands of the year is dominated by talented but boring ones. Who seriously rates Cats on Fire as the world's best band?
Julia Hanberg's Penny Century is certainly not the world's best band but still deserve some attention. Bizarrely, Penny Century got almost all their votes on tweenet's list from people related to their record label. I could have voted for Penny Century's song Nothing Burns Like Bridges from last year's album Between a Hundred Lies, but Penny Century seem to remain a band with great potential that do not get the recognition they deserve.

No comments: