Sunday, February 11, 2007

Those Transatlantics do a The Concretes

What a sad message, read it yourself:

Dear Friends
This is just a little note to let you all know I am not in rehab, I was not eaten by a sea monster, and I have not joined a cult (Unless you count Opera's book club).

This was a strange and unexpected way to start the new year; however things are shaping up quite well. Recently I have had to do some re-figuring as the other 4 members of Those Transatlantics decided they no longer wanted me as their front lady. I am looking forward to enjoying the process of making something new.

I would like to express my sincere gratitude to all the folks who bought Knocked Out, came to the shows, and fellow musicians I met along the way; especially everyone at Suburban Sprawl. The warm response that Those Transalantics received was more than I had anticipated when we started this band 3 1/2 years ago, so thank you.

I am excited about my future and look forward to staying in contact with everyone. Please feel free to reach me at kathleenbrack@yahoo.com. I imagine the wicked myspace monster will have me in it's clutches soon as well... so look for that soon.

Very truly yours,
Kathleen



Those Transatlantics are thus doing a The Concretes: they kick out the band's best member. Those Transatlantics write on their website that they look for a new singer, those who are interested are welcome on audition.

In my ears, Those Transatlantics sounded like the perfect meeting between Stars and The Snow Fairies. One of last year's most promising bands no longer exists. The rest of the band feels as uninteresting as "The Concretes" with Lisa Millberg on vocals. Both bands should rename themselves. A talent for our own destruction is all we've ever got or something similar would be a more telling name.

Source: It Came From Culture City that was two weeks faster than me.

No comments: