Monday, February 12, 2007

Bedroom Eyes - Blueprint for Departure

Something is special about bands from Östersund that borrow singers from other Östersund-related bands. The first time I heard the track Färjemansleden by Vapnet, I took for granted it was sung by the flutist Anna who is the only girl in the band. At that time I thought this sounds pretty good. A number of listens later, I thought this sounds fantastic. I would later realise that Annika Norlin's (Hello Saferide) vocals on Färjemansleden made it one of the best Swedish songs of last year. I rated Färjemansleden that highly although I had previously named Vapnet one of Sweden's most meaningsless bands.

Bedroom Eyes is Jonas Jonsson's band project. He is also from Östersund. He has also borrowed a female guest singer for his band. Penny Century's Julia Hanberg accounted for a vocal performance which made Blueprint for Departure one of last year's most beautiful Swedish songs. Listen to the entire EP at http://www.bedroomeyes.se/ and do not miss opening track Motorcycle Daydream.

No comments: