Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Boy Has Gone Away

A year ago, I complained about the poor concert scence in Lund. In April this year, I nominated myself for the position as promoter at Blekingska nationen. The following lines were included in my presentation: If I am elected, I intend to make Club Indigo a unique, alternative concert scence that will give the audience happiest days of our lives-evenings this fall. I gladly listen to artist recommendations, but I am solely responsible for choosing the bands that will play at the club. It is my true opinion that a concert club will work at its best with a clear, consistent and considered band booking policy instead of eternal compromises.

I was, of course, elected and my work began after midsummer. As I am writing this almost half a year later, it is with tremendous pride that I am looking back on the fall. The mission is completed and the result speaks for itself. We were the club that exclusively set up the first concert in Sweden for Secret Shine and Strange Idols. We were honored a visit by Lucky Soul. On our inquiry, Laurel Music did a comeback gig after a year of silence. Language of Flowers played their last show ever at little Blekingska.

I would be lying if I said that all concert nights were perfect but it was amazing those nights where everything clicked. As promoter with the sole responsibility for band bookings, I was - together with sound engineers, club managers, band hosts, DJs, workers at Indigo and two hard working guys at the nation's office (thanks for this fall everyone!) - one of several people who during the fall of 2007 made Club Indigo the world's best pop club the three nights (September 21, November 2 and November 10) when everything came together perfectly.

September 7: Differnet
September 21: Language of Flowers (UK) + Like Honey
September 28: Secret Shine (UK)
October 5: Friday Bridge
October 12: Strange Idols (UK)
November 2: Irene + Laurel Music
November 10th: Lucky Soul (UK) + Napoleon
November 30: Punky's Dilemma + The Sunny Street (UK)

No comments: