Wednesday, May 2, 2007

A different Walpurgis Night

The DJ set was not quite as I expected. No one told me that the dance floor would differ so much between a Walpurgis Night and a regular Friday night. I got a real challenge this time, but in the end I had no problem to deliver a set that made people have a great time. It was, however, sad to see that the recognition factor outweighs the hit factor. I had to compromise early on, but from Canada on I only played songs that I truly love. The night was great in the end, but I will definitely not be the DJ on any more Walpurgis Nights.

(23.30)
Air - Sexy Boy (actually, I had intended to start with Where You Belong but it would be pointless this night) )
Ride - Twisterella
Au Revoir Simone - Dark Halls (and here I wanted to play Laurel Music)
Headlights - TV
My Favorite - The Informers
Another Sunny Day - You Should All Be Murdered
Stars - Ageless Beauty
The Postal Service - Such Great Heights
Looker - Hey Kids
The Long Blondes - Only Lovers Left Alive
(00.00)
Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
The Cure - Friday I'm in Love
Morrissey - First of the Gang to Die
The Strokes - Last Nite
The Smiths - This Charming Man
Le Sport - Tell No One About Tonight
Human League - Don't You Want Me
Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough
The Knife - Heartbeats (This was where the dance floor really came to life. Such a predictable response. I felt like I could be replaced with a jukebox at this time.)
New Order - True Faith
The Undertones - Teenage Kicks
Saint Etienne - He's on the Phone
Blondie - Maria
Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is a Place on Earth
Pet Shop Boys - It's a Sin
Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
Bloc Party - Helicopter (this song emptied the dance floor ... )
(01.00)
Franz Ferdinand - Do You Want To
Pulp - Disco 2000
The Smiths - Panic
Looker - Hope and Anchor
The Long Blondes - Once and Never Again
The Magic Numbers - Take a Chance
The Essex Green - The Late Great Cassiopia
Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want to Have Fun
Belle and Sebastian - Electronic Renaissance
Interpol - Obstacle 1
The Knife - Listen Now
Baxendale - Music for Girls
Suede - Trash
Ramones - Sheena Is a Punk Rocker
The Libertines - Can't Stand Me Now
The Field Mice - Canada
Lucky Soul - Lips Are Unhappy
My Favorite - Absolute Zero
(02.00)
Langauge of Flowers - If It's Not You (here I said that it was the last song but I was allowed to play more)
Belle and Sebastian - Another Sunny Day
The Arrogants - Lovesick
The Field Mice - Emma's House
Comet Gain - You Can Hide Your Love Forever
My Favorite - The Happiest Days of My Life
The Aislers Set - The Red Door
My Favorite - Working Class Jacket (at the end of the song the kids on the dance floor turned to me and sang the last lines loudly. That was a fine moment )
Cats on Fire - Draw in the Reins
Langauge of Flowers - Tara Mascara
Broder Daniel - Shoreline

No comments: